Now you can reply directly to any comment in the system by clicking the reply link under that comment. This nests your reply directly under the original comment. This is a great way to organize long-running comment threads or for replying individually to feedback. Learn more about comments and notifications
- Comments can be nested only one level deep (you cannot start a subthread by replying to a reply).
- When you reply to a comment thread, an @mention is automatically added for all users currently on that thread (remove users from the notification by deleting the @mention and deselecting the notify subscribers checkbox)
- Replies are always sorted oldest to newest, even if your top-level comment sort is not. Read more information on comment sorting
- If there are more than 3 replies in a parent comment, the replies collapse and only shows the 3 most recent. You can click "View previous replies" to expand additional replies.
Reply to a comment via email and your response will post under the comment you've selected.
- From within the email notification click the reply button under any comment (this button is in the content of the email, not the reply button from your mail client).
- Your mail client will open a new compose window with a different email address in the To: field (each comment has its own email-in address)
Choosing reply via email will add an @mention to the original commenter, as well as notify all of the subscribed users.