Using workflow rules you can trigger emails, tasks or actions based on changes to files within a folder. Workflow gives you the flexibility to choose the criteria for these actions.
Below I've included the steps to create a workflow rule to notify you when a file is uploaded to a specific folder.
Building the workflow rule
Within the workspace Files & Discussion tab, select the Options menu at the top right, select Workflow
Select the New Workflow Rule button to build your rule
- Name the rule and select Email Notification
- Select the folder to apply the rule to. You can select multiple folders and decide if you want to include subfolders
- What action do you want to trigger the notification? choose uploaded, edited, deleted or moved from the folder
- Choose which members will receive the notification
- Below these options, you can customize the email that you will receive
- Save the workflow rule. Test the rule by uploading a file to the folder to get the email notification
Read more about Workflow Rules for Files and Discussions