When editing with Cloud Assist, a copy of the edited file is saved locally on your computer. Cloud Assist saves the files in a folder with a numerical name. For example, it could look something like "1389683211853-0". To make the folder easier to find, you can sort the folders/files by modified date and look for a numerical folder that was modified on the same date as the changes you made. The folders on your computer can be found here:
- Macintosh HD>private>var>folders>[folder]>[folder]>[folder]>[numerically named folder]>[file name]
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUERestart finder when you are finished.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\[numerically named folder]\[file name]
- C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp\[numerically named folder]\[file name]
For troubleshooting purposes, it can be helpful to send the Cloud Assist log files to our Support team. You can send log files to support by locating the Cloud Assist icon on your toolbar in the bottom right corner and right-clicking it. Click the option "Send Log File to Support".
You can also locate the log files on your computer and attach the files in a support ticket
- Applications>Cloud Edit>Contents>Resources>app>server.log
- Applications>Cloud Edit>Contents>Resources>app>error.log
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Cloud Assist\error.log
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Cloud Assist\server.log
- C:\Program Files\Cloud Assist\error.log
- C:\Program Files\Cloud Assist\server.log
If you have trouble running Cloud Assist through Firefox or getting your Cloud Assist extension to install on Firefox, we recommend installing the extension manually. To do this, you will first need to open Firefox. Once opened, select the three horizontal bars in the top right corner and then select "Add-ons"
Next, select "Extensions" on the left side of the screen. On the "Extensions" screen, click on the gear icon to the left of the search feature. From the drop down menu, select "Install Add-on from File..."
From the select file section, follow this path to find the desired extension file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cloud Assist\Resources\FF. Select the file named "imeetcentral @ imeetcentral.xpi".
Select "Install Now" on the next page.
Complete the installation by restarting Firefox.
If Cloud Assist doesn't work on your Firefox consider manually installing the plug-in for Firefox. Begin by downloading the Firefox extension file (xpi). https://firstname.lastname@example.org From here open Firefox and then Open the Add-ons Manger > (Alt + t > a) click on the gear icon (Tools for all add-ons) > Install Add-on From File.. > browse to the add-on > double click the Cloud Assist XPI file (or select Open) > Install Now.
If you continue to have trouble with Cloud Assist, you may want to try a complete un-installation and re-installation of the application. The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Open your "Start" menu and select "Control Panel".
2. Under "Programs", select "Uninstall a Program".
3. Select "Cloud Assist" and click "Uninstall/Change".
4. Run through the uninstall wizard.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Navigate to the "Start" menu and select "Computer".
7. Select the "C:" drive.
8. Select the folder "Program Files(x86)".
9. Right-click on the "Cloud Assist" folder and select delete.
10. To reinstall Cloud Assist, navigate into iMeet® Central and select "Edit" on an uploaded file.