Workspaces are a good way to organize and group information. Access and permissions can be set at the Workspace level. Any Internal Member with permission can create a workspace. Any CD user can create their own workspaces under our Free Plan by clicking on this link.
To create a new Workspace:
- Locate and click on Create button in the top right
- Click on Workspace
- Follow the steps in the Workspace Creation Wizard
- Click Create Workspace when finished
Workspace creation wizard
The following workspace criteria are available when creating new workspaces:
- Private or Public Workspace: choose between Private or Public Workspaces. What's the difference?
- Workspace Type: pre-configured workspace types for easier setup.
- Workspace Name: the name of the workspace is for your identification only. The URL will be the address at which the workspace is accessed (these can be changed at any time).
- Workspace Options: workspaces can be made to be part of a Workspace Group directly from creation and can be seeded with sample data for tutorial purposes. You can also add members to the workspace directly during creation.
- Workspace Properties: fill out the Workspace Properties at creation. Note that these fields can be edited in the Workspace Properties section of Company Setup.
Using a workspace template
When creating a workspace from a workspace designated as a template eliminates much of the setup needed to get started.
When creating a workspace from a template configured by the organization it is possible to retain the Members and Assignments found in the Template.
This option will appear under Workspace Options when a template is designated as the workspace type.