When troubleshooting complex issues, it is sometimes necessary for our Support team to obtain additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser while an issue occurs. A Support team member may request that you record a HAR file, or a log of network requests, while that issue is occurring and then provide that to them for further analysis.
Below are some instructions about how you can easily generate a HAR file using Google Chrome. If you do not already have Google Chrome installed, please download it here and install it .
The following instructions apply to Chrome. Instructions for Internet Explorer and Firefox are available here .
To generate the HAR file for Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- From the Chrome menu bar select View > Developer > Developer Tools .
- From the panel opens at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button ( ) in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log .
- Click the Clear button ( ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content , and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that we may analyze it.
Here is a brief animation showing this process: